It happened again: this week a shooting in Connecticut ended the life of tens of innocent human beings. And this despicable incident was followed by empty promises of both democrats and republicans.
It may be just my feeling, but I think similar incidents occur frequently at a smaller scale in the US, I believe this is hardly news for anyone, and I’d even say Americans got used to watch it on the media every now and then.
But if there’s some true on Barak Obama’s tears, here are some ideas on how to stop this craziness:
- American society must be changed using mass media so that everybody trust each other, instead of fearing each other.
- American education must be changed to increase much needed empathy among the new generations.
- The number of policemen must be increased and they should walk the streets to be in contact with society: the best security is preventing any incidents, and you can hardly do that if you are driving.
- Everybody who owns a gun should pass some kind of psychological test to make sure he won’t endanger anyone.
- If because of your carelessness someone else uses your weapon, you must be strongly punished.
- People under 21 should not be able to enter places where weapons or ammunition are displayed.
- It must also be forbidden to display weapons or ammunition in advertisements.
Maybe it’s because I wasn’t born here, but I find it shocking that every week I receive an advertisement by Big 5 (a sporting products store) displaying lethal weapons next to items targeting kids. Here’s a sample from the first page of this week add: